How to prepare the file properly
If you have chosen the finishing with gold and silver, you will need to create two files: one for printing (ex: Layout.pdf) and a specific one for the finishing (ex: Silver.pdf or Gold.pdf) which will have the same size (including bleed and crop marks).
1. Graphics file
All the printing elements (images, logos, texts) will be present in the Layout file.
2. Finishing file
In the Gold/Silver file (i.e. that of the finishing) there must be only the graphic elements to be varnished in gold and silver, and all the rest of the graphics must be eliminated. Each element in this level must be black only. Remember that the varnish will always be full: it is not possible to make hatchings or shades. In the gold.pdf or silver.pdf file there will be only the 100% polishing of the black channel.
- Note that gold and silver cannot be cut or creased and must be at least 0.15cm away from the cut Cut or fold Fold lines.
Minimum size for reproductionFor hot foil printing, you have to comply with some minimum thickness requirements, under which we cannot ensure your file can be reproduced. They are as follows:
- Minimum font size for English characters: 12 pt (capital letters: 4mm high)
- Minimum font size for serif fonts: 9 pt (capital letters: 2,5mm high)
- Minimum font size for sans serif fonts: 8 pt (capital letters: 2mm high)
- Minimum size for lines: 0,75 pt (0.26mm)
Always remember that your file has to comply with the following features that apply to every file:
- 1:1 scale and 5mm bleed for each side
- CMYK colour model
- High-quality PDF
- Images resolution: 300ppi
For the complete checklist please read out Complete checklist file
Do you still have any doubts?
Ask for our Professional Check
Creating a perfect print file is not always a walk in the park. This is why our support service is ready to help you. In the product settings, you can opt for our Professional Check. In this way, our preprinting department will thoroughly check and fix any problem, if needed.
Otherwise, contact us. We are always willing to resolve any doubt.
Getting around the world of cards has never been easier. Select the filter, compare them and choose yours!